Virtual tours are the product of 3D scanning an environment and digitizing for viewing on a computer or mobile device. The result will allow users to "walk" through real space and interact with elements placed in the virtual space, such as a point of interest containing additional images, documentation, or videos. More advanced experiences could include real-time monitoring of equipment or systems, given the proper data streaming requirements are met.
The benefits of virtual tours include:
- Providing users with the ability to visualize the space
- Record the space during and after construction
- Monitor equipment by streaming live data such as states, temperatures, and pressures
- Allowing users to virtually visit destinations such as museum exhibits, hotels, and historical sites
- Provide users with facility onboarding or site familiarization to allow greater efficiency in arriving at your destination, bringing evacuation routes and muster point identifications to practice in custom-designed event scenarios